Friday, March 23, 2012

Tolerance < Truth (P.Blog 3)


The past doesn’t lie
Though just because I’m shy
Doesn’t mean I do not supply
The essence of pure truth, so listen you.
Be all ears because I have something to say here.

So much hatred of what’s different we can’t we can’t even think clear,
So much judgment by color we can’t even get to know each other.
I wish we could all exchange faces
So we could get to learn where one another’s place is
And speaking of places
isn’t it time we learned ours as people?
No ones more better/worse or fun/boring than another

Having a good day, good evening
Sleeping at 9 getting your rest up
Compared to staying up all night until 3,
Partying, getting messed up.
It’s not the only way to have fun
And if I’m the only one here that thinks this
I’ll tell you straight to your faces “I’m that one”
Hey, I’m Nate!
Instead of feeling your body bouncing to the deep bass
I just want to sit back chill and relate
On what you and I both like, and what you and I both hate
It never goes that great, since I’m just that quiet
Anyone else that knows me won’t deny it.

Got heavy on my mind everyone’s sudden tolerance of immorality
And to call them out on it is some-type of technicality
To think if I was the outgoing type, that’d be my personality
Hurtful, judgmental, that’s what they’d see
All I’m saying is the truth though, just those lies are so blinding.

Understand the truth is what I call you out on:
Why smoke? Why drink?
Why describe something as gay?
Why pressure your partner into going all the way?
You can break the condom so why not just wait?
Instead you risk being part of that STD rate…

Here’s the worst of them all that everyone’s disliking
Going on the Internet constantly trying
To be somebody no one but you is buying
Creating high school to adult problems for the long haul
Just because you don’t have the balls
To admit to some drama you didn’t mean to start at all.
So fake sarcastic round of applause
For the KIDS who get in fights at the terminal or mall
Just because of what they said on facebook, text or phone call.

Like I said, the truth is what I call you out on
I’m just being real
don’t call me intolerant as if I don’t know how to feel
raise by 5 females, that’s my Achilles heel
6’3” black man with a nice guy’s appeal.
According to the past nice guys finish last
but I’d rather finish loved than being an arrogant ass
so when ----heads take advantage of me ill let it pass
and just laugh to myself while I head to the next class

Heart to heart with my good friends, we all admit
people can just be broken with no fix
left with hands on work and no repair kit
so I won’t quit
If I keep trying and failing to convey the truth that’s fine it’s
one of the main reasons I’ve been in perfect silence
until now, since I’m determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment